We are a global design leader ranked within the UK Top 11 and within the Global Top 100 of architectural practices. With our Head Office in London, we have studios across the UK and internationally in New York, Singapore and Amsterdam.
Our people are the foundation of our culture: tightly knit and incredibly welcoming. We nurture our staff and encourage their creative and entrepreneurial spirit. We set high standards for ourselves and our teams work collaboratively to achieve the best, and have the determination and drive to do things better. We like to push ourselves, creatively, in business and as a team. We listen and explore every angle with our clients so that we make the creative journey an enjoyable one for all.
- Manage your own time to deliver your project work in a highly organised way with an efficient attention to detail
- Translate concept into detail design, to enable the delivery of construction
- Work as a team player with a flexible and open approach to problem solving
What you will do
- Demonstrate your technical expertise for project demands with consistency and accuracy
- Ensure you deliver great design and deliver excellent and consistent service to your clients
- Co-ordinate projects with the Scott Brownrigg team and external consultants and assist with managing resources and people effectively
- Understand the role and the extent of detail required in different contractual situations and demonstrate your experience of various forms of building contract (D&B, CM, Traditional)
- Be an innovator who copes easily with change in brief, programme or role
- Work effectively, efficiently and flexibly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have a strong understanding of the building regulations for your role
- Use your ‘can do’ attitude to problem solve to motivate and support the team you work in
- Be committed to self-improvement and continual improvement
- Implement Scott Brownrigg Management Systems (SB-MS)
- Act as an Ambassador for the Company
Drive for Results
Focused, driven and determined to deliver results; taking objectives willingly and proactively setting own goals; measuring your own success; focusing on new or more effective ways of delivering results; persistent; seeking and acting on feedback.
Obtains clarity about client needs; ensure the service is meeting your client needs; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction; works to build long term relationships with clients.
Concern for Quality
Double check the accuracy of your own work; follows SB-MS systems and procedures; supports and helps others, encouraging them to observe the correct procedures and standards.
Understand your own role and others within the team; works hard and willingly stands in for others when needed; encourages others to participate and work together to solve problems; shares experience, ideas and opinions.
Listens; understanding both content and emotion; picking up on body language, probing to develop a clearer picture of the situation; builds a rapport with people within the Practice.
Agility and adaptability
Receptive to change; makes constructive suggestions; agile and works quickly to ensure changes are implemented; restrains strong emotional impulses; resists temptation to react immediately.
- Revit is Essential and a high level of CAD skill
- Excellent knowledge of NBS Building and NBS Create specification systems
- Highly computer literate, skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite applications
- Skilled presenter both verbally and visually using software and hand drawing skills
- Working knowledge of UK Building Systems, Regulations and construction types
- Working knowledge of town planning procedures
- Skilled within front end design and brief resolution
- Skilled in Bentley Microstation and Open Buildings
Your qualifications and experience
- RIBA, ARB or equivalent registered Architect with experience of working within the UK Building Regulations
- Experience of working within a range of different sectors
- Experience of working directly with the client, contractor and design team