We are a global design leader ranked within the UK Top 10 and within the Global Top 100 of architectural practices. With our Head Office in London, we have studios across the UK and internationally in New York, Singapore and Amsterdam.
Our people are the foundation of our culture: tightly knit and incredibly welcoming. We nurture our staff and encourage their creative and entrepreneurial spirit. We set high standards for ourselves and our teams work collaboratively to achieve the best, and have the determination and drive to do things better. We like to push ourselves, creatively, in business and as a team. We listen and explore every angle with our clients so that we make the creative journey an enjoyable one for all.
ARCHITECTURAL ASSISTANT PART 2
- You will have a good understanding of the design process and ability to assist the management/delivery of projects from concept to completion in a highly organised way with an efficient attention to detail
- You will be translating the concept into detail design, to enable the delivery of construction
- You will work as an effective team player with a flexible and open approach to problem solving
What you will do
- Produce consistent and accurate CAD drawings
- Have a strong understanding of the building regulations for your role
- Use your understanding of the different contractual situations to ensure the right level of detail is produced
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to interpret instructions effectively
- Cope well with change e.g. to brief, programme or role
- Work within a team and liaise and co-ordinate with other disciplines/team members effectively
- Work effectively, efficiently and flexibly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Use your positive and ‘can-do’ attitude to problem solve
- Be committed to self-improvement whilst balancing work and your personal development
- Implement Scott Brownrigg Management Systems (SB-MS) effectively and efficiently
- Act as an Ambassador for the Company
Drive for Results
Focused, driven and determined to deliver results; taking objectives willingly and proactively setting own goals; measuring your own success; focusing on new or more effective ways of delivering results; persistent; seeking and acting on feedback.
Obtains clarity about client needs; ensure the service is meeting your client needs; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction; works to build long term relationships with clients.
Concern for Quality
Double check the accuracy of your own work; follows SB-MS systems and procedures; supports and helps others, encouraging them to observe the correct procedures and standards.
Understand your own role and others within the team; works hard and willingly stands in for others when needed; encourages others to participate and work together to solve problems; shares experience, ideas and opinions.
Listens; understanding both content and emotion; picking up on body language, probing to develop a clearer picture of the situation; builds a rapport with people within the Practice.
Agility and adaptability
Receptive to change; makes constructive suggestions; agile and works quickly to ensure changes are implemented; restrains strong emotional impulses; resists temptation to react immediately.
- You will have a strong working knowledge of CAD, preferably Revit, although we will provide training
- Be highly computer literate, skilled in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and SketchUp applications
- Be a confident presenter both verbally and visually using software and hand drawing skills
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Obtain excellent Revit skilss
Your qualifications and experience
- The role will suit a Part 2 qualified Architectural Assistant with broad experience
- Working knowledge of UK Building Systems, Regulations and construction types
- Working knowledge of town planning procedures