We are a global design leader, ranked 11th in the UK and within the Global Top 100 of architectural practices. With our Head Office in London, we have studios across the UK and internationally in New York, Singapore and Amsterdam. We have a vision to transform the industry and enrich lives through the built environment to create a better world
Our people are the foundation of our culture: tightly knit and incredibly welcoming. We nurture our staff and encourage their creative and entrepreneurial spirit. We set high standards for ourselves and our teams work collaboratively to achieve the best, and have the determination and drive to do things better. We like to push ourselves, creatively, in business and as a team.
We listen and explore every angle with our clients so that we make the creative journey an enjoyable one for all and we’d like you to join our team.
Junior Urban Designer - Scott Brownrigg
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Urban Designer to join our team at our Guildford studio.
Working closely with our Director who is the Head of our Masterplanning service, this role will give you the opportunity to be involved in the site analysis, urban design and masterplanning of a wide variety of residential led and mixed use sites in the UK and abroad.
Please click above for a full job description.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- An in-depth knowledge of current urban design strategies and its future evolution
- Able to understand the intellectual issues relating to urban design and masterplanning.
- Able to hand draw masterplans to a high degree of accuracy, excellence and future deliverability.
- A high level of proficiency in graphical illustrations, develop story books and DAS design documents, parameter plans and high quality place making concepts.
- Able to produce imaginative urban design image iconography as well as quick and clear drawing abilities.
- Good knowledge of the planning system and development control, particularly in preparing planning application drawings and documents.
- Good Affinity Photo, Publisher and Designer skills as well as 3D modelling tools such as Sketchup and Revit.
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- A post-graduate degree in Urban Design is preferred
Candidates must be highly computer literate with strong interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving skills, and a positive and can-do attitude.
You’ll experience a friendly and inclusive working environment where we support your development and help you achieve your goals and career ambitions. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to suit the varying needs of our diverse team.
If this is the working environment that you would like to be part of, we’d like to hear from you, to understand how you can work with us and allow us to tell you more about ourselves.
To apply, please click the Apply button further below or send your CV with details of salary expectations and availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Our Diversity is our strength. We celebrate our differences and we come together to listen, explore and create. We want to nurture talent regardless of background and location. We particularly encourage applicants from communities under-represented in the profession.