This summer Scott Brownrigg is debuting their first design-led photography competition on Instagram for students with a choice of prize of either a week’s work experience within the architecture or interior design team in London, or an Apple Macbook Pro.
The competition is an opportunity for architectural and interior design students alike to showcase their artistic eye for capturing the built environment, both externally and internally whilst exploring the space it occupies, the atmosphere it evokes, and the attention to the materials, texture, movement and detail it carries. The winning image will be judged on its creativity and originality.
How to enter
Architecture or interior design students can simply post a photo on Instagram with #instascottbrownrigg and tag @ScottBrownriggltd to be considered. All photo entries should include a short caption explaining why they feel they deserve to win the prize, and include the university or institute they are currently studying at.
All entries must be posted by midnight, 1 September 2017.
Criteria, Terms and Conditions
- This competition is for architecture or interior design students only.
- Photography will be judged on the photographer’s interpretation of the built environment, exploring nuances of the image’s sense of space, atmosphere and materials.
- As a creative and design-led competition, the use of filters and effects shall be allowed; however images should not be layered or distorted in order to adhere to the criteria for submitting.
- Each participant can only submit a maximum of two photo entries.
- For entries to be considered for the prize, each submitted photo must tag the @scottbrownriggltd on Instagram, and include a short description in the participants own words on why they feel they are deserving of the prize, and the university or institute they are currently studying at for reference.
- Last entries must be posted by midnight, 1 September 2017.
- The competition will be judged by a selection of members from Scott Brownrigg’s management team.
- An invitation will be sent to all those who have participated in the competition to attend a ceremony at Scott Brownrigg’s London head office where the winner and runners up shall be announced.
- Judging panel: The winning image will be judged on the photos creativity and originality for capturing the built environment, and the reason given for why the entrant feels they are deserving of the week’s work experience with the practice.
- Usage rights: By entering your images into the competition, you grant permission for Scott Brownrigg to have an exclusive license to reproduce the images for marketing purposes, including social media.
- Copyright and reproduction: You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered.
- By entering the Instagram competition, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and comply fully with them.
- The winner shall be announced at the Instascottbrownrigg Ceremony in London (date tbc).
- The winner shall be awarded the option of choosing their prize of either a weeks work experience in the London office, or a 13" Apple Macbook Pro.
- If the work experience option is chosen, depending on the winners area of study the itinerary shall be planned in accordance with either the architecture or interior design team and take place at Scott Brownrigg’s London head office in Covent Garden.
- The work experience shall be for 5 working days. The winner shall be provided with a travel allowance if living in London, or if located outside of London shall be provided with 5 nights’ paid accommodation. In either instance the winner shall also be awarded a daily lunch allowance. Dates and details of the placement shall be finalised with an agreed contract following the announcement of the winner. Dates and details of the placement shall be finalised with an agreed contract following the announcement of the winner.
- The week’s work experience shall be unpaid, however for winners located outside of London 5 nights’ paid accommodation shall be provided and a daily lunch allowance, and if living in London then travel shall be compensated for. All other expenses if travelling from outside must be supplied by the winner.